Saturday, June 15, 2013

Disappear

I didn't disappear.
 
I haven't forgotten.
 
I didn't turn my back.
 
My heart still beats and still pounds and still breaks for those who are victims of trafficking.
 
I was so super busy with life. 
 
I let the trafficking thing slip from the top of my stack to somewhere in the middle.
 
I was tired.
 
I was worn.
 
But God reminds me that it is important.
 
That there is still suffering.
 
And despite how I feel or what I am doing or how much I may or may not want to do something, that I cannot forget, or turn my back, or disappear.
 
Despite whether it feels like this crime is so overwhelming and its victims so many, that there are 27 million people enslaved today, that children as young as infants are bought and sold, that there is so much evil out there.
 
What difference could I possible make?
 
I feel like this is my calling.
 
This is what I meant to do in this part of my life.
 
I am supposed to make trafficking known in my corner of the world.
 
I am supposed to tell people that there are children suffering.
 
That girls are being taken off the streets and prostituted.
 
That whole families are slave laborers.
 
That while there is so much heartbreak, so much victimization, so much pain,
 
He is still on His throne.
 
There is HOPE.

No comments:

Post a Comment